Saturday, October 3, 2015

Year Long Update

Bad News, Days

Wow, its been an incredibly long time since my last post and I apologize for that. A lot has happened and I honestly have been trying to get myself together again. My father passed away last year in March, which besides dealing with my own feelings, I first had to figure out funeral arrangements, mortuary arrangements, credit cards, paperwork's and on the side stressing about not having a job, along with other things has been incredibly draining on me physically, mentally and emotionally. Its extremely tough to pretty much get rid of an existence to that degree. I had to stop modeling for most of last year. The stress really did damage to my health from not being able to sleep for weeks, to having shoulder- arm pains and a lot of weight loss. My brother had just went off to college 7 months before my dad passed away as well. Going from a family of 4 to just 2 in the house made me very lonely and the change was too much to bear. A summer with my brother back home, my friends and some time to focus on myself has been very helpful. There's still work to be done regarding my dads stuff but I'm learning to take it one at a time and in small steps.

Modeling Update

I finally feel I can get back into my models and move on, somewhat, with my life to the best of my abilities. Still trying to find a job full time as a 3D Modeler, but in the meantime as of the end of last year, I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a small indie team currently working on releasing a Kickstarter Campaign to fund our sci-fi tactics style RPG PC video game titled The Eighth Day. I work as the Environment/Props Modeler, I also handle all the weapons and some of the armors. Its been a great production environment for me to work on and I thoroughly enjoy it. I have realized I really love creating worlds and props for video games and the process and aftermath is so satisfying. Here's one of the models I created for the game! You can check out www.newchaptergames.com for more information about the game itself. The website itself is still in its rough stages so please don't mind! You can also find some other models I have done over at my website www.julieshah.weebly.com. I also post a lot of progress/finished work on my Instagram- juliesart.


Property of www.newchaptergames.com
Also, here is another model I have been working on, on the side whenever I have time in between working on the game. This model is based on a concept art of the Hunchback of Notre Dame by Mr. Scott Caple. His concept was so inspiring I just had to try and model it! Its still a work in progress but hopefully I'll have some time to finish this up soon.

Close up
WIP
Current stage of WIP. Almost done!

Crochet Bunnies

I did also go to Designer Con last November, which was a good break for me actually. My friend Angela Song had a booth there and was gracious enough to let me have some space on her table in order to sell some crochet bunnies I had made. Crocheting was really relaxing for me almost like mediating and not having to think about anything lingering in my mind. By the way, I still have some available so, if you want one, please just shoot me an email at julie.shah.5@gmail.com with the color of your choice. Each bunny is $25 free shipping through Paypal. :3



Crochet Bunnies

Close up- 2 of the ones still available
Sorry again for the long absence! I'll keep pushing and keep modeling to reach my goal of becoming a 3D Modeler (hopefully I'll land in the video game industry!). I'll try to keep posting as often as possible as well. :3 Thanks everyone and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment