Friday, January 27, 2012

Charcoal Woods~

Here's a project I worked on for my Figure drawing class! It was mostly to understand values and shapes and create an image out of it. I made many thumbnails during class to get an idea about values and shapes until I finally liked the drawing below. For the final project, I combined two of my thumbnails together to come up with a slightly altered version. Charcoal was very fun to work with during this project! My professor's only critique was that the trees combining in the background seemed to be forced upwards and not to have a clear definition of the ground as it recedes into the mountains. He really loved my 'hidden' animal in the entire portrait and my values came out pretty nice as well. 

I would love to go back and fix the problems he addressed once I have some time! Must improve! <3



Thumbnail of Project

Final Project

No comments:

Post a Comment